Saturday, May 4, 2013

Salt baths that doctors tell you big NO NO! It will dry up your skin... REALLY?

Anyways back to salt baths. I know some like hot baths, I always itch after one. I did trial and error with different temp, room and cold on the upper body and hot lower body. 
It is not advisable to do hot baths during TSW. The heat induces NO(Nitric Oxide) just like how the sun does. Back in Asia, I would sit in the sun for 8 to 10 mins then jump into bath in room temp water or cold water. Never use sea salt that is for cooking. That makes your skin very very dry and itchy. Epsom salts were too costly in my country(Brunei) not to mentioned I need 2/3 cups a day. So instead I bath with citronella plant including roots that is grown in the wild. It helps to soothe the itch esp hives. Had hives 2 months in my first flare. During TSW, any skin conditions can surface on top of the itchy, oozing, weeping, raw skin. Is common to have hives,  sometimes chicken pox, shingles, herpes, cold sores may be added to the recipe.

Getting back on track. Bath salts does disinfects and dries up wounds, and it DOES NOT dry normal skin. You can always add coconut oil to baths, but I personally like the combo of epsom + dead sea salts. When I do have intense itch, I soak for 2/3 hours twice a day if needed. During TSW, the only relief is soaking long hours and taking naps in the tub (always good to invest in bath pillow). 


I alternate chlorine and non chlorine water because my shower is connected to a filter and not the lower faucet. Guess what I found, bath ball faucet filter right after I just purchased Secheam Prime concentrated conditioner. Secheam Prime eliminates chlorine for fish tank, chloramine and ammonia. It also detoxifies  heavy metals. If this works, this is the cheapest solution out there.

http://www.amazon.com/dp/B00025694O/ref=pe_309540_26725410_item

Chlorine does dry the skin out, so when I am desperate of a bath (in an itch frenzy) and can't wait for shower head to fill up my bathtub. I add ACV(apple cider vinegar) to my cold water that came from bottom faucet (can't be hot as it kills the enzymes in ACV), ACV acidic helps to soften the skin and also disinfect. 


Benefits of Epsom Salts:

http://www.foodrenegade.com/epsom-salt-baths-improve-health/

Benefits of Dead Sea Salts:

http://www.saltworks.us/salt_info/si_DeadSeaSalt_Benefits.asp

Benefits of Himalayan Salts:

http://products.mercola.com/himalayan-salt/bath-salt.htm

****Drink lots of water before and during baths!!! Salt baths reduce inflammation and also helps reduce stress. 


Here's are some of my bath concoctions.


1 cup Epsom + 1 Cup Dead Sea ( occasionally ACV or Tea Tree Oil) 

1 cup Epsom + 1 Cup Dead Sea + 1/2 cup Himalayan Salt.
Last night tried:
1 cup Activated charcoal + 1 cup Epsom Salts
http://www.charcoalremedies.com/cleansing_detox_program

Activated charcoal was messy, should have use a cloth bag... :(
Next time, I will try just pure activated charcoal


Waiting for my dried and powder seaweed to arrive. 


Benefits of Seaweed baths:

http://www.livestrong.com/article/285339-the-benefits-of-a-seaweed-bath-for-lymph-circulation/


****Remember to rinse off with water after your baths!!!

7 comments:

  1. Hey where you can get Epsom salt in Brunei? Thanks in advance!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Guardian Pharmacy, cheaper in Miri, I think.

      Delete
    2. Do they sell at Guardian Pharmacies around Brunei? I wish i could go to Miri. Sorry for asking again but do you happen to know where could i find castor oil here in Brunei? It's so frustrating i couldn't find it anywhere here even the Supa Save where they do usually carries some exclusive goods :\

      Delete
    3. I am FRED and i want quickly recommend DR NCUBE for a Job well done by
      curing me from the genital herpes disease that have be giving me sleepless night. if you want to contact him, Simply do that via email drncube03@gmail.com or
      call/whatsapp +2348155227532
      he also have #herbs for
      #hiv/aids
      #cancerdisease
      #fibroid
      #diabetes

      Delete
  2. Yes they do. Castor oil don't agree with me so I use coconut oil. You can order from iherb.com they deliver to Brunei
    Hope that helps!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for the recommendation! Shall look forward it! Actually i've suffered from a mild eczema on my fingers (not sure if it's counted as eczema?). It's quite dry patches & redness. I regularly treat it with turmeric poultice & in short time it healed! I hope you could go give a try turmeric for your eczema :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I can't find epsom salts in guardian where they used to have it.do you know where else in Brunei i can buy it?

    ReplyDelete