Wednesday, March 28, 2012
Tuesday, March 27, 2012
Monday, March 26, 2012
Sunday, March 25, 2012
Friday, March 23, 2012
My fav monkey Aaron aka Stacks who is almost 10, shared a video about McDonalds burger that is 4 years old. Watch the link to believe it! the burger looks just like me! Hardly aged :)
Wednesday, March 21, 2012
So a friend posted on Facebook asking for Ear, Nose and Throat Specialist. I goggled "time out best doctors" and this link was on the first page of the search. Mistaken time out for New York Times :) that's where each year best doctors are listed.
The Candida Diet
There is a lack thereof education on the general public’s behalf on the topic of candida overgrowth. Most people have it and don’t even realize it…there is a yeast monster growing in most of our guts that keeps our bodies plump and causes fatigue, headaches, brain fog, poor immune systems and tons of digestion problems as well.
Gluten free diets are on the rise now- and many people are cutting out carbs and sugar….but the most important thing that one should cut out when trying to detox their body is YEAST.
Read the blog, whoever wrote it did a good job... but I am not ready for an extreme makeover
Detox does exclude fruits. I cant do straight detox program. Need to ease myself into it, need to chew my food, eventually I will do a juice fast. (99% vegetables and 1% fruit)
There is high sugar content in fruits. Some say fruits have good sugar. But in the yeast perspective, any type of sugar, synthetic or natural helps to keep them alive. When I started my eczema diet, I avoided meat most, wheat and diary. But then I had bad sugar cravings. It wasn't possible for me to totally ignored my sugar cravings coz the more I did the more I wanted sugar. I was easily agitated, constantly imagining the combinations of ice creams and cakes. Opening the fridge, kitchen cabinets every 5 mins searching for" comfort food"
Before my new diet, I was never a soda person, occasionally chocolates and I can skip desserts enitrely. Since I came to America, definitely I consumed more sugar than I did as a child and teenager. Also I arrived NYC at the ripe age where partying was my agenda. Alcohol consumption was a daily thing. Yes yeast and sugar are in a relationship!
In brewing, alcoholic fermentation is the conversion of sugar into carbon dioxide gas (CO2) and ethyl alcohol. This process is carried out by yeast cells using a range of enzymes. This is in fact a complex series of conversions that brings about the conversion of sugar to CO2 and alcohol.
Yeast is also part of fungi family, so I don't eat cheese neither mushrooms.
Anyways if you adventurous, try a Simple Yeast Test!
|Might I have a problem with Candida Yeast?|
You can try this simple test to find out.
First thing in the morning, before you put ANYTHING in your mouth, fill a clear glass with room temperatureBottled Water.
Work up a bit of saliva, then spit it into the glass of water. Check the water every 15 minutes or so for up to one hour.
If you have a potential problem, you will see strings (like legs) traveling down into the water from the saliva floating on the top, or"cloudy" saliva will sink to the bottom of the glass, or cloudy specks will seem to be suspended in the water.
If there are no strings and the saliva is still floating after at least one hour, you probably have Candida under control, and have nothing to worry about. Congratulations.
What can I do if the test shows positive?
First, talk this over with your health care provider, as soon as possible.
Next, contact the person that sent you to this web page, they may have some helpful specific suggestions.
Be aware that a Candida Yeast problem can be pretty difficult to deal with, especially after it has had enough time to get established and be causing you problems.
It may not be easy, and it may take a while to impact the situation, be patient, and work on it everyday.
Your good health is at stake!
For more info read:
Candida Albicans yeast infection Overgrowth, Candida Overgrowth (CO) symptoms are so numerous and seemingly unrelated that they can be confusing to both doctor and patient. The majority of people who have CO do not realize they have it until they become seriously ill. Why? Because candida yeast not only steals nutrients from the food that you eat, it then poisons the tissues with waste material containing over 75 known toxins. Candida albicans is linked, directly or indirectly, to the following list of conditions and symptoms. A "symptom" is an outward sign that points to a deeper problem.
Review the 80 likely symptoms listed below to see if any apply to you. Give yourself ONE POINT for each of those which you have had persistently (for a month or longer, either currently or at anytime in the past).
Skin & Joint Problems
Mental & Emotional
Stuffed Peppers with Confetti Rice
Friday, March 16, 2012
Wheat allergy refers to adverse reactions involving immunoglobulin E (IgE) antibodies to one or more proteins found in wheat, including albumin, globulin, gliadin and glutenin (gluten). (The majority of reactions involve albumin and globulin. Gliadin and gluten are more rare, and gluten allergy is often confused withCeliac disease or other digestive disorders.)
Allergic reactions to wheat may be caused by eating foods with wheat or even by inhaling flour containing wheat. Allergic reactions to wheat usually begin within minutes or a few hours after eating or inhaling wheat.
Diagnosis may be easy if a person always has the same reaction after eating wheat food, but more often the diagnosis is difficult because wheat is a common food. Diagnosis usually entails a detailed patient evaluation with laboratory tests (RAST, skin prick-testing). Elimination-challenge testing remains the most reliable method of diagnosis.
Avoidance of wheat and wheat-containing foods is the first step in the treatment of wheat allergy. Wheat allergic patients who have sensitivity to gluten (or gliadin) should avoid other gluten containing cereals such as oats, rye and barley. However, because wheat is a common food product, wheat elimination diets can be difficult to maintain. Children on wheat-restricted diets are severely limited in their selection of foods. Alternatives may be found in special health and diet stores and restaurants.
Label items that indicate wheat proteins
- Bread crumbs
- Cereal extract
- Cracker meal
- Enriched flour
- High-gluten flour, high-protein flour
- Semolina wheat
- Vital gluten
- Wheat bran, wheat germ, wheat gluten, wheat malt, wheat starch
- Whole wheat flower
Labels that might indicate some wheat protein
- Gelatinized starch
- Hydrolyzed vegetable protein
- Modified food starch, modified starch
- Natural flavoring
- Soy sauce
- Vegetable gum, vegetable starch
As with most allergies, avoidance is key. Make sure to read all labels for foods, medicines, cosmetics, creams and ointments that may contain any type or amount of wheat. A history of allergic reactions shortly after exposure to wheat might suggest an allergy. However, this should be confirmed with a skin prick test or RAST. Talk to your doctor about a complete diagnosis.
Dr. Bernard Rimland has demonstrated that autism can be treated. Some children with autism have recovered fully while many others have made significant progress. The Autism Research Institute (ARI) has video clips of recovered children with autism.
Hear me OUT: Everything below is listed not only beneficial to Autism but to all mankind!!!
Autism Nutrition will examine topics related to diet and nutritional support for autism, including:
- Food sensitivity / GFCF Diet: Autistic children tend to have problems with digestion, including food sensitivity – particularly to casein and gluten in dairy and wheat products. Autism Nutrition will thus examine how a GFCF Diet — that is, casein-free, gluten free diet — can help children with autism.
- (any one with digestion problems should eliminate wheat products which includes alcohol, even you don't have digestive problems, you will have in the long run)
- Yeast infection / Probiotics: In addition, autistic children commonly suffer from yeast infection (candida) and other bacteria overgrowth in their intestines. This could arise from the excessive use of antibiotics — by children as well as their parents.Probiotics can play a helpful role here and we offer an excellent range of high potency and ultra high potency probiotics.
- (again when we take antibotics we kill all good and bad bacteria hence we need to replenish good soldiers in our bodies)
- Toxic heavy metals: Analysis of the hair, urine and excrement of autistic children often reveal significantly higher levels of toxic heavy metals like lead, arsenic and particularly mercury.Mercury exposure could arise from vaccinations (that use mercury as a preservative), dental fillings and excessive consumption of fish and seafood from polluted waters containing mercury.Autism Nutrition will discuss the safety of eating fish and seafood and we also offer some excellent products to help the body chelate toxic heavy metals safely and effectively.
- ( refer to chart how much seafood we can eat a week at http://www.doh.wa.gov/ehp/oehas/fish/fishchart.htm)
- Minerals: Autistic children tend to be deficient in minerals such as sulfur, zinc, magnesium, iodine, lithium and potassium. Autism Nutrition looks at which foods are rich in these minerals and discuss the importance of eating organic foods as much as possible.Click here to read about our excellent multi-vitamin, multi-mineral and animo acid nutritional supplement, Formula ONE.
- (Recommending Formula ONE supplements is very generic, again every household has that)
- Pesticides: Environmental toxins and other unknown environmental factors are also believed to contribute to autism and other behavioral problems. Again, the use of natural and organic foods are important here.
- (Don't we all know already, GMO crops( which means the seed is coated with pesticide besides genetically modified) is not good for any living organisms????)
So here's the blog that my dear friends Pearl and Li suggested. Daily emails was such an easy flow and private in a sense.Anyways back to me, myself and Flo!