Monday, March 26, 2012

Herbs and Spices


Favorites Herbs & Spices I use occassionally:

Turmeric
Sprinkle tumeric aka Curcumin in almost every dish I cooked
Tumeric has lots of health benefits such as:
Detoxifying Liver,
Prevent cancer cells from growing.
Antiseptic and Anti bacterial function.

Paprika
Lots of antioxidants and Vitamin C
Sprinkle whenever I need that sweet& mild spicy taste in my dish.

Cilantro (Frozen from Dorot, available at Traderjoes)
Each cube is equivalent to 1 tablespoon.
I recycled this plastic trays and filled them with fresh chopped organic Cilantro, Parsley & Garlic


Cilantro helps removes Heavy metals esp mercury from our teeth filing and fish consumption.
I have an addiction to Cilantro, so I use about 3 cubes to make Cilantro rice for 2.
I add Cilantro to my scramble eggs, zucchini, eggplant, rice along with tumeric :)
Cilantro taste so good with everything, esp when is all chopped up.

Parsley
Good for kidneys and bad breath :)


Tips:
Blend these herbs separately, or mixed them with garlic and olive oil. Store in the fridge up to 7 days. Since I have the plastic trays from Dorot, I freeze them. Yes you can use them straight from freezer.

Here's a healthy and tasty recipe:
Cilantro Rice (leftover rice is good too)

2 cups Basmati brown rice (cooked and drained)
Do not over cook the rice (Al Dente is perfect)
Olive Oil
1 Chopped Onion
2 or 3 Cubes of frozen cilantro
Turmeric
Salt and Pepper
Sliced organic celery (long and thin)
Sliced organic carrots (long and thin)
Soy Sauce (optional)

In a pan heat oil, add chopped onion, cilantro, sprinkle turmeric, salt and pepper. In about 5 mins, add carrots, in next 5 mins add rice and celery. in low flame stir all these ingredients for about 4 or 5mins and serve.










No comments:

Post a Comment