Friday, March 16, 2012

High on Chips!


So here's the blog that my dear friends Pearl and Li suggested. Daily emails was such an easy flow and private in a sense.Anyways back to me, myself and Flo!
Today I have a slight itch :) on my fingers & palm, but not as bad as usual. There is a Chinese saying that itchy palm(s) means money coming. But my itch is all year round, and I spent more money getting treatments than receiving $$$!

Homemade Corn Salsa
To be honest, I live in NYC for more than 10 years, never tried corn salsa even I see it on the shelf. Apparently, one day Leila bought some from Traderjoes. It was very refreshing and delicious, the sweet and crunchy texture from the corn and the slight sour taste with the rest of the ingredients.

Like I mentioned earlier in my emails, I am avoiding canned food as much as I can because of the BPA lining found in canned goods. So for those who missed out on what is in your canned food, watch this youtube clip. ( It was reported on the news). It is highly toxic in just one can.
So I do my best to make everything fresh.

This recipe is for one fat girl like me:
Time: 45mins includes grilling
Grilled 3 corn husked (with butter, salt and pepper)
or Canned Organic Corn
4 ripe tomatoes (diced) grilled(optional)
1/2 big red onion (diced)
1 lemon (juiced)
3 or 4 tablespoon Olive Oil
1/3 cup chopped basil Leaves
1/4 cup chopped mint leaves
With the salsa maker ($12) I own, I combined tomatoes, red onion, basil leaves, mint lemon juice and grind them together one happy family :)
Sprinkle Everyday Seasoning (generously)
Pink Salt and Pepper to taste
Can add more olive oil.

Is tastier if you leave it in your fridge overnight. Here's my new favorite chips by Late July! The is a promotion for these new chips $5 for 2! Later I will visit the store again and get other flavors :)

Trying to perfect my salsa and dips to go with the right chips! Exactly how a wine sommelier would pair his wine :)



No comments:

Post a Comment